Keshet is working with secular LGBTQ+ rights organizations and Jewish organizations to fight for LGBTQ+ equality in Ohio. Along with local synagogues, we are working with Equality Ohio to mobilize Jewish communities for LGBTQ+ rights. To get involved in Ohio, sign up here.
- Nondiscrimination protections for LGBTQ+ parents in adoption and foster care
- Nondiscrimination protections for LGBTQ+ people in employment, housing, credit/lending, and public accommodations
- Nondiscrimination protections for LGBTQ+ state employees
- However, state law explicitly excludes transition-related healthcare in their state employee health benefits
- Protections against discrimination for LGBTQ+ youth in the child welfare system
- Gender-neutral option on birth certificates
- No second-parent adoption for unmarried couples
- State has targeted religious exemption that permits medical professionals to decline to serve LGBTQ+ clients
- No nondiscrimination or anti-bullying laws covering LGBTQ+ students
- State curriculum not required to be LGBTQ+ inclusive
- No conversion therapy ban covering LGBTQ+ youth
- No nondiscrimination protections for LBGTQ+ people in jury service
- State criminalizes transmission of HIV
- No gender-neutral option on driver’s licenses
Take Action Now!