Our rabbi provides pastoral counseling to our members, including on LGBTQ issues, but would refer individuals or families if they need more intensive/extensive counseling.
I (Dale Rosenberg, Director of Learning and Engagement) am a lesbian and my wife and I are active as congregants in the shul in addition to my full-time staff position.
Our Early Childhood Educator/Youth Advisor (one person - two part time positions) identifies as trans/genderqueer.
We mark two special Shabbatot to focus on LGBTQ issues: Rainbow Shabbat in the fall (when we read Parashat Noach) and a Pride Shabbat in June. There are special lessons in our Religious School leading up to these and we have a speaker and literature given out.
I teach on LGBTQ topics in Adult Ed, as well.
- Hebrew High School
- Hebrew School
- Jewish Organization
- Religious Institution
- Youth Group
- Does LGBTQ Outreach
- Gender Inclusive Bathrooms
- Has Gender Non-Discrimination Policy
- Has Inclusive Materials
- Has LGBTQ Library Resources
- Has LGBTQ Programming
- Has Out Leadership
- Has Out Parents
- Has Out Participants
- Has Sexual Orientation ND Policy
- Incorporates LGBTQ Issues
- Lifecycle Occasions
- Offers Changing Rooms
- Staff Trained on Inclusion
- Uses LGBTQ-Inclusive Language
- Available for personal counseling
- Weddings/commitment ceremonies for same-sex couples are performed in our synagogue
- Welcomes Halakhic LGBTQ queries
- Will perform a commitment ceremony for a Jewish same-sex couple
- Will perform a wedding for a Jewish same-sex couple