We hope you’ll join us. All of our programs and events are open to LGBTQ Jews and allies. Here are some of the ways you can get involved:
- Attend an event! We have something for everyone: Shabbat dinners, film screenings, a queer Jewish text study, Hanukkah party, a casual night out at a bar, a community picnic.
- Bring us to your school or synagogue to do a training on LGBTQ inclusion.
- Help mobilize the local Jewish community in support of LGBTQ civil rights.
- Are you the parent of an LGBTQ child? Join our Boston Parent & Family Connection.
- Want to get more involved and help plan fabulous events? Contact Boston Regional Director Joanna Ware.
Learn more about all of our programs, groups, and events below. For up-to-the-minute news on all things LGBTQ and Jewish in Massachusetts, check out our Massachusetts Facebook Group.
Your conversion was just the beginning!
These five sessions will deepen your understanding of Shabbat, tzedakah (righteous giving), keeping kosher, Jewish prayer, and more. Explore Jewish practices through interactive and experiential…
Co-taught by Jody Comins, MSW, Divorce & Family Mediator and Rabbi Dan Liben of Temple Israel in Natick. This 4 part class was created to address the needs of Jewish parents going through a divorce to learn about the importance of co-parenting.…
The wittiest spiel for blocks around, home-made hamantashen, groggers, the whole Magilla – Havurat Shalom’s Purim party is great fun and you should join us! And of course, there’ll be spiel between reading chapters of…
Like an old-school mic check, the gragger is a Jewish noisemaker traditionally used to lift up our voices in the name of liberation and justice. On March 11th, Boston Workmen’s Circle is hosting its 10th annual raucous, radical Purim
Groups and Committees
Parent & Family Connection: Massachusetts Committee
The Massachusetts Parent Committee provides community and mentorship to Jewish… Learn More
From social events to education to activism, we have something for everyone! Tell us what you are interested in and we’ll take it from there.
In the News
Author Meryl G. Gordon spoke about her Keshet award-winning book ‘The Flower Girl Wore Celery.’…
was recently in Cambridge at the invitation of Keshet
to speak on a range of issues he worked on during his time in…