As Jews, we recognize the sanctity of every human life and cherish the ideal of our God-given right to pursue happiness and fulfillment through any and all means that do not bring pain to others. As a rabbi, I believe that we come into this world pre-disposed to different thought patterns, behaviors, sexual orientations, and that a large measure of our own humanity rests upon our capacity to accept and embrace the diversity that is inherent to human existence.
- Synagogue/Congregation/Havurah/Minyan with religious school
- Our institution has an all gender bathroom/unisex/non-gendered bathroom.
- We have students/members who are out as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer.
- We use LGBTQ-inclusive language on our membership or application materials such as “Parent 1/Parent 2” rather than “Mother/Father.”
- 1. Will perform a wedding for a Jewish same-sex couple.
- 2. Will perform a commitment ceremony for a Jewish same-sex couple.
- 5. Might perform a wedding for a same-sex interfaith couple - please contact to discuss.
- 6. Might perform a commitment ceremony for a same-sex interfaith couple - please contact to discuss.
- 8. Joyous occasions of same-sex couples/families are celebrated openly and inclusively (i.e. baby naming, aufruf, aliyot for both members of a couple).
- Willing to participate in advocacy for LGBTQ rights (e.g. marriage equality).