HOPE FOR THE FUTURE
“Thank you so much for coming to talk with us. I came out of the closet two months ago. Listening to your story of raising a family gave me so much hope for the future. I’m glad you came to talk to us.”
— Teenager at a Colorado synagogue
We hope you’ll join us. All of our programs and events are open to LGBT Jews and allies. Here are some of the ways you can get involved:
- Attend an event! We have something for everyone: Shabbat services and dinners, film screenings, cocktail parties, game nights, and our annual Queer Seder.
- Bring us to your school or synagogue to do a training on LGBT inclusion.
- Agitate! Help mobilize the local Jewish community to support LGBT civil rights.
- Are you the parent of an LGBTQ child? Join our Colorado Parent & Family Connection.
- Want to get more involved and help plan fabulous events? Our Steering Committee would love to have you!
- Interested in nurturing community for LGBT 20- and 30-somethings? Join our new Young Adult Committee.
While much of our work takes place in Denver and Boulder, we have also hosted events and partner with institutions in Fort Collins, Evergreen, Westminster, Colorado Springs, and Vail. Learn more about all of our programs, groups, and events below.
For up-to-the-minute news on all things LGBT and Jewish in Colorado, check out our Colorado Facebook group.
In 2010, Keshet merged with Jewish Mosaic: The National Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity. The Denver- and San Francisco-based Jewish Mosaic was a leader in Jewish institutional change, community-based research, and resources on GLBT Jews.
In the month of November, we recognize Transgender Day of Remembrance-a day in which we remember all of the gender non-conforming and transgender individuals who were murdered in the past year. Sadly, the list of deaths is still quite long…
Transgender Day of Remembrance is a solemn day in which we acknowledge the victims of fatal hate crimes and violence against transgender and gender non-conforming individuals around the world. Organized by the Gender Identity Center, this…
Groups and Committees
Parent & Family Connection – Colorado Committee
The Colorado Parent Committee provides community and mentorship to Jewish… Learn More
Our Planning Team is made up of dedicated volunteers who plan… Learn More
Young Adult Committee
Our new Young Adult Committee coordinates social, educational, and social-action… Learn More
From social events to education to activism, we have something for everyone! Tell us what you are interested in and we’ll take it from there.
In the News
Our own Rafi Daugherty is profiled in this article about LGBT people of faith.…